Thursday, June 2, 2011

Works in Progress

I have successfully finished 10 items in May, a huge accomplishment with my busy schedule, but I still have too many knitting projects.  When does a WIP (work in progress) become an UFO (unfinished object.)  Two of my finished items are the socks I have photographed here.  They are finished items, but as "first socks" they are still part of a WIP.  I have been asking customers and employees how many projects they have on needles and surprisingly i am not alone in having too many projects going at once.  A couple of people admitted they don't know how many projects they have.  We also had some discussion around our knitting table about unraveling lingering projects and saving the yarn for a different project.  I did that with 2 things but the rest are things I still like and want to finish. 
I did cast on one new project this week.  It is a sleeveless top with some lace details. I am using a red cotton called Banyon from Colinette.  I should finish another 10 before I start another new project, but I don't always do as I should.  I am hoping to start a cardigan for my mom later this month.  She will be in York in July and will be available to try it on as I work on it.  She picked out some beautiful turquoise cotton when she was here in April and wants a February Ladies Cardigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment