Friday, June 17, 2011

The Gift of Girlfriends

I have always been a big believer in the power of friendship.  I know that my friends have been there for me in difficult times.  As a child I watched my mother interact with her girlfriends and was amazed when i would hear them giggle and laugh like teenagers.  My mom didn't try to be my friend when i was a child, she took her role of mothering very seriously, and was a fairly strict parent.  She is still in touch with some of those early girlfriends and has a new group of girls in Florida.  

I enjoy being in the yarn shop and sitting at the table with friends.  Conversation shifts wildly often several conversations are going at the same time.  Sometimes it is quiet as we all count or concentrate on stitch patterns but mostly it is loud and lively.  I love to have "new friends" join us and hear different perspectives on anything.  
Yesterday we had a customer in for a class and it was someone who graduated from Dover High with me. (That was a few years ago!).  It was great to see her and catch up on her life and family.  She thought she would try to come in again to sit and knit.  Old friends or new --it always good to see them !

No comments:

Post a Comment