Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weddings

My daughter Abby was home over the weekend to attend the wedding of one of her oldest friends.  She and Liz attended preschool together at the age of 3 and went to the same Catholic Schools.  They don't see each other much right now since Abby works in New York City and attended college in Boston.  Abby was very excited to attend the wedding and convinced her boyfriend Peter to join her in York for the wedding.  

The weekend started with a bit of drama when Abby missed her train stop in Lancaster and called me in a panic.  I told her to get off at the next stop which was Mount Joy and only a few miles up the road.  I then called John who was waiting in the parking lot at the Lancaster train station.  When I called Abby back to tell her he was on his way she said she was turning her phone off since she forgot to charge it.  So I had a nervous 45 minutes waiting to hear from someone that my baby was safe.  They for got to call me until they nere back in York!  Apparently there is no "station" in Mount Joy just a platform and a parking lot --both very dark and creepy at 10 pm!!  John did find her and all is well that ends well.   Why did she miss her stop?  She was so engrossed in her book that she totally missed the stop!  Sound familiar Mom????  My mother used to say the house could burn down around me and I wouldn't even know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment