Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thinking cool thoughts

It is another steamy day here in central PA.  We are expecting record breaking temps again --98 expected high today.  I am grateful to have an inside job.  The air conditioning is on here at the shop it is a cool place to hang out in the heat.  I am not fond of extreme heat, but prefer summer to winter most of the time.  Remembering our cold and snow from recent winters I am happy to have the warmer temps right now.

I am teaching a sock class tonight and excited to share my enthusiasm for sock knitting.  Several years ago I spent most of my knitting time working on socks.  I made lots of socks for myself plus many pairs as gifts for friends and family.  My husband has 7 pair and enjoys showing them off all winter. 
Right now I am into self striping sock yarns.  The knitting seems to pass quickly as I watch the colors and patterns appear.  Socks are a great small project to carry in your purse and great for hot weather knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment