Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sock Love

i really like knitting socks and have several on needles right now.  I did finish a "second sock" this week so I gave myself permission to start a new pair.  This is knitted with Fortissima Socka Mexico Color by Schoeller & Stahl.  We have it in several colors and i want to knit them all.  I love the fair-isle type striping.  It seems to hold my interest to kit something with color changes. 
I am teaching a sock class tonight, part 2 of a 3 part class.  My students had home work --they were to complete the leg portion of the sock and be ready to learn how to knit the heel flap and turn the heel tonight. 

Three of the four students are moms with young children (one has 3 boys, another 4 girls and the other 2 girls and 2 boys--all under the age of 8!)  I thought I should also do some home work so I have done my sock thru the heel flap to show them what theirs will soon look like.  They all worked very hard last week and actually they were concentrating so hard that it was a very quiet group.  I look for ward to seeing them tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment